Join REFI Europe for our next Breakfast Briefing, where we will be discussing the topic of French Property.
08:00 Networking & Snacks
08:30 Panel discussion moderated by Julie Cruz, Managing Editor
10:00 Coffee, Networking & Close
- What view do investors have on the policies of President Macron, and has this changed at all in light of the gilets jaunes protests? Have the gilets jaunes protests had any impact on investors’ confidence in the French real estate sector?
- Which foreign capital sources are currently targeting French real estate?
- To what extent is the French market benefiting from Brexit-related relocations?
- Have investors fully taken on board the potential benefits resulting from the Grand Paris project and the 2024 Olympics?
- With limited opportunities in Paris CBD offices, are investors looking more at alternative assets, value-add deals or the French regions?
How to attend:
Nicola Ciavarella, Director – Investment Department, Savills France
Nicola Ciavarella is Director in the Investment Department at Savills France. Nicola holds an MBA from ESCP Europe, Paris and a Master’s Degree in Economics from the University of Turin. He is also a member of the RICS. Before joining Savills in 2006, Nicola was one of the founding partners of City Investments, a real estate advisory boutique serving international investors on cross-border transactions, and prior to that he worked as a Manager in the Corporate Finance Department of Telecom Italia. Nicola started his career as an Auditor for PricewaterHouseCoopers.
Jarek Morawski, Executive Director, Strategy & Research, Grosvenor Europe
Having joined Grosvenor in 2017, he is responsible for driving business strategy through detailed market research and analysis. Jarek leads the existing European research team and works closely with Grosvenor Group’s international research team. Before joining Grosvenor, Jarek held senior positions in research and risk departments of Norges Bank Real Estate Management. He holds degrees in Economic, Finance and Banking, and Quantitative Methods from the University of Freiburg and Warsaw School of Economics and holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Freiburg.
Silke Nadolni, Partner, LPA – CGR avocats
Since the beginning of her career in 1998, Silke Nadolni is specialized in property investment. She assists international and French clients in their property operations, acquisitions, disposals (share deal/asset deal), structuring, investment vehicles whether regulated or not (OPCI, SCPI, FIA), asset management, very frequently in a cross-border context.
Robert Balick, managing partner, BauMont Real Estate Capital
Mr. Balick is the Chief Investment Officer and chairs BauMont’s Investment Committee. He is responsible for management, strategy and the capital formation at BauMont. Prior to founding BauMont, Mr. Balick was a senior managing director for CarVal Investors based in London, where he led CarVal’s real estate investment activities in Europe. Prior to joining CarVal Investors, Mr. Balick started his career as a real estate investment banker with Salomon Brothers in New York and London.
Benjamin Davis, CEO, Octopus Real Estate
Benjamin joined Octopus in 2010. He is responsible for the management of Octopus Real Estate, a specialist fund manager formed in May 2019 through combining Octopus Healthcare and Octopus Property. Benjamin previously led Octopus’ Intermediate Capital investment team. Prior to Octopus, Benjamin worked at YFM Equity Partners investing across a range of sectors, and worked in corporate finance and venture capital at investment bank Interregnum in the UK and USA.
Further speakers will be announced shortly.
— CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for speaking slots or for event participation at REFI Europe events.
The April Breakfast Briefing is sponsored by:
Kindly hosted by:
Our media partner:
REFI Europe Breakfast Briefings are open to members and trialists.
Not a REFI Europe member? Join our membership community today and receive a wealth of benefits including:
• Direct access to daily news updates, data & analysis.
• Invitations to our collection of other events including breakfast briefings, awards, summits and webinars.
• Specialist networks for the latest industry trends.
• Benchmarking data for flows, performance and product development.
• And more.
Register now for your free trial and experience the full range of benefits available to you, as well as entry to the above event.Request attendence