In response to growing concerns over travel restrictions and face-to-face contact due to the outbreak of coronavirus, REFI Europe has taken the decision to change the format of this Breakfast Briefing.
The Briefing will no longer take place as a live event and will instead be held as an online webinar as follows:
Date: Thursday 23 April 2020
Time: 9am – 10am BST
Topic: Residential Property
The webinar is free to attend. To register to join the webinar, click here.
- What are the demographic factors and market fundamentals driving investment into residential property?
- How is co-living disrupting the multi-let residential sector?
- With a shortage of new homes driving demand for rented accommodation, has residential become the only profitable alternative to repurpose underperforming assets or pursue mixed-use strategies?
- Multi-family investment volumes have already overtaken retail investment in some markets, how much more can it grow? Can it become comparable with office investment?
After the panel discussion, attendees will have the opportunity to ask the speakers questions.
Moderator: Julie Cruz, Editor, REFI Europe
Joe Persechino, Head of Residential & Student Accommodation, AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets
Joe is the Sector Specialist for Residential and Student Accommodation at AXA IM – Real Assets. He is responsible for assisting with deal origination, advising on investments, working with the in-country AXA IM teams globally on existing portfolio performance, sharing best practice, introducing sector innovation and leveraging his professional network. Joe joined AXA IM – Real Assets in 2018. Prior to this, he held senior roles at Global Student Accommodation, (the largest global investor, developer and operator of student accommodation and serviced apartments). Joe holds a Bachelor’s Degree in European Business Studies from the University of West London.
Lisette van Doorn, chief executive, ULI Europe
As chief executive of ULI Europe, Lisette van Doorn is responsible for the development of the Institute’s activities across the region, including its renowned pan-European conferences and over 250 local meetings and events across 14 countries. She is also responsible for the ULI Charitable Trust, which raises money to advance ULI’s mission and philanthropic activities across Europe.
Van Doorn joined ULI from LIRE, her own consultancy business, which advises international institutional real estate investors and fund managers on strategy, organisational optimisation and portfolio structuring.
Prior to this, van Doorn was country manager for CBRE Global Investors where she managed a €1.6bn portfolio of assets in Italy and fund manager of two shopping centre funds (€ 1.3 billion) with assets in Spain, Portugal and Italy.
Before joining CBRE Global Investors, van Doorn was founding chief executive for INREV, the European association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles for four and a half years. She started her career at ING Investment Management, where she held account manager and assistant controller positions before being made managing director of research & strategy for ING Real Estate Investment Management Europe.
More speakers to be confirmed shortly.
— CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Please contact email@example.com for speaking slots or for event participation at REFI Europe events.
The April webinar is sponsored by:
Not a REFI Europe member? Join our membership community today and receive a wealth of benefits including:
• Direct access to daily news updates, data & analysis.
• Invitations to our collection of other events including breakfast briefings, awards, summits and webinars.
• Specialist networks for the latest industry trends.
• Benchmarking data for flows, performance and product development.
• And more.
Register now for your free trial and experience the full range of benefits available to you, as well as entry to the above event.