Date: Thursday 28 January 2021
Time: 9am – 10am GMT
Topic: Student Accommodation
Join REFI Europe for our next webinar on the topic of Student Accommodation.
Student accommodation is rapidly emerging as a key niche asset class for institutional fund managers, who see long-term strengths in the sector.
As the global economy gears up for a return to normalcy in 2021-2022, learn more about the following:
• What are leasing and rental rates like in the sector?
• Are owners making changes to properties to accommodate a post-Covid-19 world?
• Is there a prospect of consolidation?
Samuel Vetrak, Founder and CEO, BONARD
Samuel Vetrak is the Founder and CEO of BONARD, a global market research and investment intelligence firm that assists with data, strategies and assessments in student housing, micro-living and co-living. Samuel has over 20 years’ experience advising governments, destinations, investors, developers and operators. Since 2007, his staff of 50 researchers and analysts operating in four offices around the world have been providing the highest level of secondary and primary in-field data, making BONARD a leading provider of independent and reliable research for alternative residential asset classes. Samuel speaks frequently and at major real estate conferences, sharing latest
insights backed by his long-term industry experience.
Nick Wride, Head of Student Housing, Spain & International Capital Markets EMEA, JLL
• Sector lead for Student Housing within the JLL EMEA Living structure
• Nick has extensive experience advising on singles asset, development site and platform transactions for Student Housing
• Since 2020 Nick has been leading the pan-European Student Housing Capital Markets team, having joined JLL in 2011 and held various positions including Head of Living, Spain as well as setting up the Spanish Alternative Investment department in 2015
• Based in Spain, Nick has over 15 years’ experience in the Spanish real estate market
• Prior to joining JLL Nick was head of Valuation & Advisory at CBRE in Barcelona
Brian Welsh, CEO, Nido Student
Brian Welsh has over 14 years’ experience in the student accommodation and private rental sector markets. He has been responsible for the development and management of over 50,000 beds globally. Brian assumed the role of CEO of Nido Student in October 2017. Within this time, he has overseen the expansion of the portfolio from 2,000 to a pipeline of over 20,000 beds. Prior to joining Nido, Brian was Head of Operational Management at Liberty Living plc and then assumed the role of COO of Threesixty Developments and The Student Housing Company, where he oversaw the acquisition and delivery of over 17,100 beds across Europe, breaking into new PRS markets which have since become established, in particular Ireland and Spain.
Ulrike Hagendorf, Research Manager European Residential, Catella Residential Investment Management GmbH
Her responsibilities include strategies and research for pan-European residential investment, including modern and contemporary residential forms such as Student Housing, Micro Living and Senior Housing. Previously she was Team Leader at PROJECT Real Estate AG, responsible for residential research in Germany and Austria. Ulrike Hagendorf graduated with a Master’s degree in Economic and Social Geography of Urban Areas in Central and Eastern Europe.
The webinar is free to attend – register now to secure your place.
— CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Please contact email@example.com for speaking slots or for event participation at REFI Global events.