Date: Thursday 17 September 2020
Time: 3pm-4pm BST/ 10am-11am ET
Topic: Technology in the property market
- How technology has changed the way investors source, analyze and perform due diligence on potential acquisitions.
- Pension funds and other institutional investors are increasingly sophisticated, with a desire for greater access to their investments to analyze performance – how are real estate PE funds using tech to meet this demand?
- Proptech platforms now give real estate owners daily access to property performance on a multitude of metrics – leasing levels, rent rates and energy usage are just a few. How are owners using this information to make their properties run more efficiently?
- Being able to demonstrate a solid tech framework for deal sourcing, management and reporting has become an increasingly important selling point for real estate managers who are looking to raise capital.
- How does being able to compare data on property performance with peers have an impact on an owner’s ability to manage their own portfolio?
- What are some of the unspoken risks associated with the increased use of proptech solutions?
Anna-Marie Beal, Reporter, REFI Global
Robbert Heekelaar, Vice President of IT Architecture and Emerging Technologies, Prologis
Robbert Heekelaar, VP of IT Architecture and Emerging Technologies, is responsible for setting the architecture direction for Prologis’ core systems as well as helping to establish the new Prologis Innovation Lab. Mr. Heekelaar manages Prologis’ innovation program that involves the participation of leaderships, across Europe, to come together and find a common approach to identifying and evaluating new technologies that will benefit the company. Mr. Heekelaar joined Prologis in May 2013 and has over twelve years of real estate, finance and technology experience. His previous worked at Deloitte and Confia as a consultant, manager and owner. Mr. Heekelaar has a Master’s degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in International Hospitality Management.
Alexandre Grellier, CEO, Drooms
After an apprenticeship as a Industrial Manager and having completed his studies in Law, Alexandre Grellier began his career in Investment Banking at Commerzbank. He then worked as a lawyer for Lehman Brothers both in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, and in London, UK, with a particular focus in the fields of Legal & Compliance and Transaction Management. Since 2003, he has been Co-owner and CEO of Drooms, significantly contributing to the company’s commercial expansion. Grellier is also a guest speaker, notably holding talks on the topics of legal tech and digitisation in real estate and is regularly interviewed by the press.
Mike Sroka, CEO, Dealpath
Mike Sroka is the co-founder and CEO of Dealpath, the leading deal management platform for the real estate industry. Prior to Dealpath, Mike spent over a decade growing venture-backed software companies including Fanhood (acquired by FOX), Zynga (NASDAQ: ZNGA), and OneSeason (acquired by Cantor Fitzgerald). He started his career at Hudson Advisors as a managing agent for Lone Star Funds, and he graduated from Southern Methodist University with a B.S. in Economics with Finance Applications. Mike is now a member of the Urban Land Institute, NAIOP, ICSC, and the Forbes Real Estate Council. He lives in the Bay Area with his wife and two kids.
Brandon Sedloff, Managing Director, SVP of Sales, Juniper Square
Brandon Sedloff is Managing Director, SVP of Sales at Juniper Square, a San Francisco-based technology company transforming the way GP’s and LP’s in real estate exchange information. Prior to Juniper Square Brandon was Global Head of Corporate Development at the Urban Land Institute (ULI), a global real estate research and education institute. Brandon was the founding Chair (a volunteer role) of ULI’s real estate + technology initiative bringing together real estate owners, operators, REIT’s, and investors with technology companies working to evolve the real estate industry.
Previously, Brandon spent nearly 7 years in Hong Kong where he was Head of Asia Real Estate for Gerson Lehrman Group, and later Managing Director, Asia Pacific at the Urban Land Institute. In both roles, Brandon was the executive in charge of helping to scale new initiatives for existing organizations.
— CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Please contact email@example.com for speaking slots or for event participation at REFI Global events.
The September webinar is sponsored by:
Not a REFI Europe member? Join our membership community today and receive a wealth of benefits including:
• Direct access to daily news updates, data & analysis.
• Invitations to our collection of other events including breakfast briefings, awards, summits and webinars.
• Specialist networks for the latest industry trends.
• Benchmarking data for flows, performance and product development.
• And more.
Register now for your free trial and experience the full range of benefits available to you, as well as entry to the above event.