In response to growing concerns over travel restrictions and face to face contact due to the outbreak of Coronavirus, REFI Europe has taken the decision to change the format of this Breakfast Briefing.
The Briefing will no longer take place as a live event and will instead be held as an online webinar as follows:
Date: Thursday 17 September 2020
Time: 3pm-4pm BST/10am-11am-12pm ET
Topic: Technology in the property market
The webinar is free to attend. To register, please click here.
- How technology has changed the way investors source, analyze and perform due diligence on potential acquisitions.
- Pension funds and other institutional investors are increasingly sophisticated, with a desire for greater access to their investments to analyze performance – how are real estate PE funds using tech to meet this demand?
- Proptech platforms now give real estate owners daily access to property performance on a multitude of metrics – leasing levels, rent rates and energy usage are just a few. How are owners using this information to make their properties run more efficiently?
- Being able to demonstrate a solid tech framework for deal sourcing, management and reporting has become an increasingly important selling point for real estate managers who are looking to raise capital.
- How does being able to compare data on property performance with peers have an impact on an owner’s ability to manage their own portfolio?
- What are some of the unspoken risks associated with the increased use of proptech solutions?
Moderator: Julie Cruz, Editor, REFI Europe
Robbert Heekelaar, Vice President of IT architecture and Merging Technologies, Prologis
Robbert Heekelaar, VP of IT architecture and merging technologies, is responsible for setting the architecture direction for Prologis’ core systems as well as helping to establish the new Prologis Innovation Lab. Mr. Heekelaar manages Prologis’ innovation program that involves the participation of leaderships, across Europe, to come together and find a common approach to identifying and evaluating new technologies that will benefit the company. Mr. Heekelaar joined Prologis in May 2013 and has over twelve years of real estate, finance and technology experience. His previous worked at Deloitte and Confia as a consultant, manager and owner. Mr. Heekelaar has a Master’s degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in International Hospitality Management.
More speakers to be confirmed shortly.
— CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for speaking slots or for event participation at REFI Europe events.
The September Briefing is sponsored by:
Not a REFI Europe member? Join our membership community today and receive a wealth of benefits including:
• Direct access to daily news updates, data & analysis.
• Invitations to our collection of other events including breakfast briefings, awards, summits and webinars.
• Specialist networks for the latest industry trends.
• Benchmarking data for flows, performance and product development.
• And more.
Register now for your free trial and experience the full range of benefits available to you, as well as entry to the above event.