Date: Thursday 17 September 2020
Time: 3pm-4pm BST/ 10am-11am ET
Topic: Technology in the property market
The webinar is free to attend. To register, please click here.
- How technology has changed the way investors source, analyze and perform due diligence on potential acquisitions.
- Pension funds and other institutional investors are increasingly sophisticated, with a desire for greater access to their investments to analyze performance – how are real estate PE funds using tech to meet this demand?
- Proptech platforms now give real estate owners daily access to property performance on a multitude of metrics – leasing levels, rent rates and energy usage are just a few. How are owners using this information to make their properties run more efficiently?
- Being able to demonstrate a solid tech framework for deal sourcing, management and reporting has become an increasingly important selling point for real estate managers who are looking to raise capital.
- How does being able to compare data on property performance with peers have an impact on an owner’s ability to manage their own portfolio?
- What are some of the unspoken risks associated with the increased use of proptech solutions?
Moderator: Julie Cruz, Editor, REFI Europe
Robbert Heekelaar, Vice President of IT architecture and Merging Technologies, Prologis
Robbert Heekelaar, VP of IT architecture and merging technologies, is responsible for setting the architecture direction for Prologis’ core systems as well as helping to establish the new Prologis Innovation Lab. Mr. Heekelaar manages Prologis’ innovation program that involves the participation of leaderships, across Europe, to come together and find a common approach to identifying and evaluating new technologies that will benefit the company. Mr. Heekelaar joined Prologis in May 2013 and has over twelve years of real estate, finance and technology experience. His previous worked at Deloitte and Confia as a consultant, manager and owner. Mr. Heekelaar has a Master’s degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in International Hospitality Management.
Valentina Shegoyan, Managing Partner, REACH UK
Valentina is the Managing Partner at REACH UK, the latest international expansion of the award-winning NAR REACH program created by Second Century Ventures, a strategic technology investment fund backed by the National Association of Realtors®️. NAR REACH manages a portfolio of 95+ technology companies globally. Valentina brings invaluable industry expertise, having started her career in real estate more than fifteen years ago, with a unique skill set spanning real estate development, direct investments and private equity, investment banking and financial advisory, strategy and technology. As part of the REACH global team, Valentina works closely with property technology startups launching into UK real estate. Valentina is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion, especially in property – the industry historically well known for its gender biases. She manages a high demanding job successfully combining it with being a mother to two young daughters. Valentina holds a full time MBA degree from INSEAD (2010) and is a graduate of the Oxford Fintech Programme (2018).
Alexandre Grellier, CEO, Drooms
After an apprenticeship as a Industrial Manager and having completed his studies in Law, Alexandre Grellier began his career in Investment Banking at Commerzbank. He then worked as a lawyer for Lehman Brothers both in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, and in London, UK, with a particular focus in the fields of Legal & Compliance and Transaction Management. Since 2003, he has been Co-owner and CEO of Drooms, significantly contributing to the company’s commercial expansion. Grellier is also a guest speaker, notably holding talks on the topics of legal tech and digitisation in real estate and is regularly interviewed by the press.
More speakers to be confirmed shortly.
— CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for speaking slots or for event participation at REFI Europe events.
The September webinar is sponsored by:
Not a REFI Europe member? Join our membership community today and receive a wealth of benefits including:
• Direct access to daily news updates, data & analysis.
• Invitations to our collection of other events including breakfast briefings, awards, summits and webinars.
• Specialist networks for the latest industry trends.
• Benchmarking data for flows, performance and product development.
• And more.
Register now for your free trial and experience the full range of benefits available to you, as well as entry to the above event.